Invisalign Huntsville AL
Have you ever considered orthodontic treatment for your crooked teeth? You might have briefly thought about it and then decided not to deal with it, figuring that the hassles of metal braces were worse than living with misaligned teeth.
We have some good news for you.
You can improve the health and appearance of your crooked teeth without metal braces!
At King Dental, we offer Invisalign. This innovative orthodontic option uses translucent plastic aligners that are worn over the teeth to gently move them into proper alignment. When the aligners are in place, they are virtually invisible, which means that you can straighten your teeth without anybody even knowing it.
Can I Use Invisalign?
Invisalign is an appropriate treatment option if you have mild to moderate tooth misalignment that results in crowding, twisted or overlapping teeth, or wide spaces between your teeth. If you have more severe misalignment or your bite is involved, we can discuss your needs and see if you would benefit from Invisalign or if a traditional orthodontic option is a better choice.
Why Should I Straighten My Teeth?
We understand that many people think of their crooked or gapped teeth as part of their signature look. We agree that all smiles are beautiful smiles, and we always want you to smile with confidence.
But crooked teeth can actually have an impact on your dental health. If your teeth are too tightly crowded together or overlap each other, it will be almost impossible to clean them properly. Toothbrushes can’t reach into these tight spaces and flossing may also be a challenge. Unfortunately, bacteria can still get into these areas and wreak havoc. Widely spaced teeth aren’t immune to problems either. It’s easy for bits of food to get trapped in these spaces, and this can lead to bad breath and decay.
The Advantages of Invisalign
Our patients who have straightened their teeth using Invisalign love how convenient the aligners are compared to traditional braces. For instance:
- Because the aligners are practically invisible, you’ll be able to meet with clients or speak publicly without the fear of everyone staring at your mouth.
- You remove the aligners to clean them and to brush and floss your teeth. This eliminates the hassle of having to brush and floss around brackets and wires and reduces the risk of damage to the enamel that traditional braces can cause.
- You also remove the aligners to eat and drink, so your choices aren’t limited.
- The smooth plastic doesn’t irritate the inside of your cheeks the way that brackets and wires can (and anyone who has ever worn braces can tell you about the discomfort of a broken wire!).
- You will be given your series of aligners and instructions on when to change them. This reduces the amount of time you’ll have to spend in the dentist’s chair over the course of your treatment.
Call to Schedule Your Appointment
Are you ready to get started? Call our office today to schedule your appointment with Huntsville dentist Dr. David King so that you can find out if Invisalign will help you get the smile you’ve always wanted!