Crowns or Veneers?
Is it time to up the wattage of your smile?
If you are considering cosmetic dentistry in Huntsville, AL, be sure to call us here at King Dental and schedule a cosmetic consultation with Dr. David King. We offer beautiful personalized esthetic treatment plans designed around your goals and needs.
We have plenty of options available, but if your goal is to conceal damaged, discolored, or unusually shaped teeth, the decision may come down to crowns vs. veneers. Both of these options are great, and they each have their own advantages. Dr. King can review the pros and cons of each choice and provide a recommendation as to which will be best for you.
In the meantime, we’ve broken each option down a bit for you so you have an idea going in of what to expect.
- Covers entire tooth
- Protective shell
- Restores function
- Often ready in one appointment thanks to CEREC technology
- Shaped and shaded to blend in with existing dentistry
- Often covered by insurance if treating a diagnosed condition
- Requires reshaping of the tooth, removal of healthy tooth structure
- Less conservative/more invasive
- Minimal tooth alteration required
- Can improve appearance of chips, discoloration, wide gaps, short teeth
- Can last about 10 years with good home care habits and regular check-ups
- Can place one veneer to conceal a problem tooth or use several veneers to transform a smile’s appearance
- Shaped and shaded to blend in among existing dentistry
- Usually not covered by insurance
- Once tooth enamel is removed, the veneers are permanently required
- Intended for esthetic improvement rather than functional
- May require more than one appointment to place
- Temporary veneers may be required while you wait
As you can see, there is plenty to consider with both options. At King Dental, we are dedicated to listening to your needs and helping you find the solution that works best for your lifestyle.
Call Your Huntsville AL Dentist!
To schedule your consultation with Dr. King, please call our Huntsville dental office today at (256) 880-1884.