Dental implants are often called the "gold standard" of tooth replacement because of their excellent benefits. However, as with any treatment procedure, dental implants in Huntsville have a downside. Let's take a look at the pros and cons of this innovative treatment so you can decide if the advantages outweigh the downside.
What Are Dental Implants?
First, let's discuss how dental implants work. A tooth implant is achieved with three components:
- The implant - Dr. King places the implant into your jawbone during a simple surgical procedure completed with precision and accuracy.
- The abutment - This component attaches the implant to your new tooth or porcelain crown.
- The restoration - Dr. King designs a custom porcelain crown for a single tooth replacement. Dental implants can also support a denture or bridge for multiple tooth replacement.
Dental Implant Pros
Tooth implants offer several advantages over other options, such as a traditional bridge or denture. Some of the pros are:
- Protects your bone integrity by keeping it stimulated and healthy
- Keeps neighboring teeth from shifting out of alignment
- Offers the same look, feel, and function as a natural tooth
- Easy to brush and floss
- Restores natural chewing function
- Provides excellent longevity - sometimes lasting a lifetime
- It's a wise financial investment for some patients
Dental Implant Cons
There are some downsides to dental implants, such as:
- Requires a surgical procedure for implant placement
- It tends to be a higher cost than other replacement procedures
- It takes three to six months to fully heal and integrate before we can complete the restoration
Dr. King Can Restore Your Smile and Confidence
If you're living with missing or compromised teeth, Dr. King can help determine the suitable tooth replacement for your specific needs. The first step is to contact King Dental at (256) 880-1884 to schedule an evaluation with Dr. King.
We look forward to helping you reclaim your smile!
Related Services: Dental Implants